Welcome to Treasures Unique

Hello! And welcome to my blog!

We sell a variety of items for just about anyone.
.... gifts, quality, new and vintage
jewelry, clothing, scrapbook supplies, collectibles, this and that....

Come see us at
www.OLA.com/store/tjintx

Then, check out what else OLA has for you!


Rare Avon Regal Beauty Collection Black Cameo by Coreen Simpson Brooch Pin Pendant

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I just thought I knew what I was doing! NOT!

I have been selling and reselling Vintage jewelry for about 4 years now. I discover something new everyday!
I have purchased 16 books covering signed, unsigned, AVON, CORO, SARAH COVENTRY, TRIFARI, WEISS, more, more and more. Plus, I have several sites bookmarked. You would think that I would recognize many of the pieces that I come across, Right? Wrong! There are so many! I don't have the time to look them up and see what they are worth, so I end up selling expensive collectibles for next to nothing. And when I do have time to browse my books, etc, I see something that makes my heart sink. I gave it away...

I must take time out daily to just thumb through a book, at least a few pages. It is so captivating and collecting this stuff is so addicting! It's just plain out eye candy for me.

I got a book yesterday on AVON jewelry. Ya know, people don't appreciate what AVON's jewelry is actually worth! The older pieces sometimes are worth $50.00 or more! And of course, some is only worth $5.00. But, see, that is where these books come in. I'm keeping a lot of my AVON jewelry from now on.

Speaking of Selling Vintage Jewelry, Check out my store at OnlineAuctions.com!

Speaking of OnlineAuctions.com, they are having a SIX WEEK STIMULUS EXTRAVAGANZA beginning Jan. 31st to March 13th, 2010. GREAT DEALS IN EVERY SHOPPPING CATEGORY!

More later on this great event!
Have a great day! TJ

No comments: